Welcome to JELIA 2014, the 14th edition of the European Conference on Logics in Artificial Intelligence, which will take place in the beautiful island of Madeira, Portugal, organized by the University of Madeira (UMa) and the Centre for Artificial Intelligence (CENTRIA) of the New University of Lisbon.
The European Conference on Logics in Artificial Intelligence (or Journées Européennes sur la Logique en Intelligence Artificielle - JELIA) began back in 1988, as a workshop, in response to the need for a European forum for the discussion of emerging work in this field. Since then, JELIA has been organised biennially, with proceedings published in the Springer-Verlag series Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence. Previous meetings took place in Roscoff, France (1988), Amsterdam, Netherlands (1990), Berlin, Germany (1992), York, UK (1994), Évora, Portugal (1996), Dagstuhl, Germany (1998), Málaga, Spain (2000), Cosenza, Italy (2002), Lisbon, Portugal (2004), Liverpool, UK (2006), Dresden, Germany (2008), Helsinki, Finland (2010) and Toulouse, France (2012).
The increasing interest in this forum, its international level with growing participation of researchers from outside Europe, and the overall technical quality, have turned JELIA into a major biennial forum for the discussion of logic-based approaches to artificial intelligence.
• JELIA'14 on TV: here (minute 14:34).
• The invited talk by Hector Geffner was cancelled, and replaced by an invited talk by Andreas Herzig. More details available here.
• JELIA'14 in the local press: here and here.
• A map pinpointing the Conference Venue is available here.
• Participantes are invited to a reception (Madeira de Honra) at the Conference Venue on Tuesday, 23rd, at 7pm.